About this Notice
This Privacy and Cookie Notice provides information on how Heazse collects and processes your personal data when you visit our website.
The data we collect about you
We collect your personal data in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. We may collect, use, store and transfer the following different kinds of personal data about you.
To find out more:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Heazse Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of Heazse’s Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Heazse Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Heazse Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses it.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. A cookie is a string of information that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same browser or device to access the Platform, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the Platform and, in
turn, we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage.
- Recognizing and counting the number of visitors and seeing how visitors move around the site when they are using it (this helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for).
- Identifying your preferences and subscriptions e.g. language settings, saved items, items stored in your basket and Prime membership; and
- Sending you newsletters and commercial/advertising messages tailored to your interests
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- verifying Platform account registrations, including conducting fraud, security, “Know Your Customer” and anti-money laundering checks in order to approve your Seller account;
- verifying your eligibility as a Platform blogger or influencer;
- setting up / administering Buyer and Seller accounts, including providing log-in IDs and setting up payment/transaction accounts;
- providing customer service support, such as responding to your queries, feedback, and managing claims and/or disputes;
- providing/supporting general Platform services, facilitating communication between Buyers and Sellers, processing transactions and payments, assessing advance withdrawal requests from Sellers and providing logistics and delivery services;
- supporting Buyer and/or Seller clearance declarations/applications where made via the Platform;
- providing relevant membership benefits, including birthday rewards, membership offers, and coupons, anniversary awards, exclusive member prices;
- verifying your identity and purchases in connection with product warranty or other after-sales claims;
- assessing and monitoring account security and transaction risks of Buyers and Sellers, such as detecting and preventing fraud, money laundering, and other security incidents;
- sending and serving tailored marketing and advertising that we believe will be of interest to you based on the ways in which you use the Platform, your browsing records, and order history;
- conducting research and analytics to ensure the security of our Platform, to improve the content and layout of the Platform, and to improve our product offerings and services;
Does Heazse share your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries. Controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Sale of products and services: In order to deliver your products and services purchased on our marketplace from third parties, we may be required to provide your personal data to such third parties.
- Working with third-party service providers: We engage third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information may be transferred together with other business assets.
- Detecting fraud and abuse: We release accounts and other personal data to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and to comply with the law.
How we secure data
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your Heazse account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, to provide services or products to you, as required or permitted by applicable laws. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or
anonymize it, or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. How long your data is kept for will also depend on how you use our website (for example if you are logged in as a member or you are visiting our website as a guest) and what the information you provide to us is used for. For example, if you are a registered member, certain data will be retained for a length of time following termination or deletion of your account, in order to comply with applicable laws or in case of disputes. In other instances, the period of retention
may be determined according to your activity on the Platform or to comply with a specific arbitration period/resolve a dispute.
Under applicable laws, you may have rights of access to personal information held by us and other rights We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
If you are looking for more information on how we process your personal data, or you wish to exercise your legal rights in respect of your personal data, please contact Heazse.